Seller’s Terms & Conditions
1. With regard to the sale of any Lot the Auctioneer shall have the following powers exercisable solely in the discretion of the Auctioneer:
(i) To decide whether to offer any Lot for sale or not;
(ii) To decide whether a particular Lot is suitable for sale by the Auctioneer and, if so, to determine which auction, the place and date of sale, the conditions of sale and the manner in which such sale should be conducted;
(iii) To determine the description of any Lot in a Catalogue.
(iv) To decide whether the views of any expert shall be obtained and to submit Lots for examination by any such experts.
2. The Auctioneer must be satisfied that the seller is the true owner of the Lots or is authorised to sell them.
3. In accordance with our licensing requirements first time sellers will require to produce photographic ID and proof of address. A photocopy will be taken and kept on file.
4. Subject to the Auctioneer’s discretion, the seller is entitled prior to the auction to place a reserve on any Lot. All reserves must be agreed in advance by the Auctioneer and written on the Sales Agreement signed by both the auctioneer and seller. Alternatively, reserves can be confirmed in writing to the Auctioneer prior to auction. This also applies to changes in reserves. If no reserve has been placed on a Lot, the Lot shall be put up for sale without reserve and sold to the highest bid.
5. The seller shall pay the Auctioneer commission at a rate of 15% on the hammer price of all sold lots, VAT at 23% is applicable on the commission only. There are no charges to be paid on unsold lots.
6. The auctioneer has a 10% discretion on all agreed reserves against lots put up for auction.
7. The seller shall pay the auctioneer a withdrawal fees of 15% of the reserve for any lot withdrawn before the auction
8. The auctioneer accepts no responsibility for damage of items left in for auction.
9. All carriage and storage costs will be paid by the vendor.
10. The auctioneer will process payments of items sold to the seller 30 WORKING DAYS after the sale or thereafter. Payment will only be made when all monies due from the buyer have been paid and cleared. All payments are made in Euro. Payments to vendors are paid by bank transfer only, details can either be given in person, over the phone or via email.
11. Where any lot fails to sell the auctioneer will notify the seller 5-7 working days after auction date. In most cases all unsold lots must be collected within 10 days after the auction date. Any unsold lots not collected within those 10 working days will be offered without reserve in the next auction. Any unsold items following a second entry not collected within 30 days shall be donated to charity.