Is it worth Selling? – How do you know without talking to an expert, please look at our departments to see the type of items we sell and take in.
- We do offer a free valuation service here in our salesroom by appointment only. Arrangements can also be made for our auctioneer to call to your house for a discussed fee.
- We would recommend sending in photographs of the item or items that you would be interested in entering along with any vital information to our email address email@example.com. A decision by both parties can then be made as to whether items are suitable for any of our forthcoming auctions.
- If you decide to sell you will be asked to sign a contract which specifies the seller’s commission and our conditions of business. In addition to signing the contract we will also need a copy of your photographic ID and proof of address in line with our terms & conditions. Click here to view in greater detail our terms and conditions for selling at Victor Mee Auctions.
- The standard rate of commission is 15% of the hammer price plus VAT at 23% on the commission only.
Getting the items to our Salesroom
- We can help arrange collection of your items with our recommended courier. The cost of this service can either by charged directly from the courier or deducted from your sale proceeds.
- Alternatively, you can arrange delivery of your items in person, please contact us to arrange a convenient time for both parties.
They have arrived
- Upon consignment you will be given a receipt which details each item with agreed reserve. Victor Mee we will work you to decide on a reserve and estimate each item once catalogued. An estimate is what the item is expected to fetch and a reserve is the minimum price a seller is willing to accept for the item. Please note as laid out in our terms and conditions, the auctioneer has a 10% discretion with all reserves.
Items are catalogued and ready for auction
- If an email is supplied pre-sale advice are sent out prior to the sale. Details includes date and time of sale together with descriptions of each lot, estimates by Victor Mee licensed auctioneer and any agreed reserves.
- You are welcome to attend the auction or alternatively you watch the sale live on the internet.
Items are sold
- Post-sale advice emails are sent out 3 to 4 days after the auction with a full breakdown of your auction sale results.
- Any items unsold will need to be arranged to be collected as soon as post sale advice is received. Please call ahead to arrange a convenient time to collect unsold items.
- Payment is issued approximately four weeks from the date of sale by way of bank transfer with a statement emailed or posted detailing your deductions once transfer is complete. Payment will only be made when all monies due from the buyer have been paid and cleared in accordance with our terms and conditions. All payments are made in Euro.